AP3701 Submm and terahertz physics and applications
The course will focus on the topics like time-domain spectroscopy and applications, antennas, terahertz detectors and sources, THz space applications. However, during the course, we will emphasize the basic principles.
- Understand submm & terahertz electromagnetic radiation and propagation fundamentals, and the basics of typical terahertz detectors and sources.
- Distinguish different teraheretz antennas with regard to their advantages and disadvantages for terahertz radiations.
- Explain the working principle of THz Time-Domain Spectroscopy.
- Build practical experience on a THz imaging setup and a heterodyne receiver system.
- Highlight recent advances of THz research and development from the academic and astronomic sectors.
- Summarize state-of-the-art THz applications, including space applications.
MSc Hao Gao
Dotseven: mm-wave sensors
prof.dr. Andrea Neto
Applied electromagnetics, THz broadband imaging systems, antennas
Last modified: 2016-02-24